MORE ADVENTURES OF A SHAMANIC CARTOONIST

Saturday, March 11, 2023

Instant Gramification

When I started this blog, branching off from my original one, The Golden Thread Road, I had many aspirations of writing entries on a regular basis again as I had in the past, not only for my readers' sake but I've missed the quiet times of unraveling and processing through words whatever I've been experiencing. It is doing journaling work outloud, sorting things out in my own mind and allowing any acorns that fall from that to possibly take root in someone else's. I absolutely love a win-win!

As life has gotten increasingly busy and chaotic. I'm afraid, and embarrassed, I've gotten swept along with the shortening attention spans and the dizzying pace of our techno world, and I have trouble nowadays synching up both the time and the energy required for such endeavors, and I feel the loss of depth and self reflection in my life, at least to the degree my 'yester-me' experienced it.  

Although it has probably further siphoned some of the energy I need to upkeep a blog, my Instagram account has been holding the door open for me and providing an outlet for at least small bursts of self reflection and expression, keeping the spark of documenting my spiritual path as it unfolds. I think of this as my 'royal writ' given me by White Buffalo Calf Woman when she first began working with me and told me, "Your path is to be shared." That was the whole reason I started blogging in the first place. 

So Instagram has become sort of an extension of this blog, like a roving reporter recounting occurrences of varying depth that is still relatively surface info, only hinting at deeper truths. Those posts seem like small windows into my day to day world, like a day-in-the-life-of sort of way, whereas this blog is the unrestricted receptacle for fathomless diving into the truths underlying all other truths. 

So I am determined to continue both branches, as well as others that beckon on the horizon, in sharing my path, with the intention of specifically setting aside and scheduling time to blog. I have a number of things already at the ready to write, but in the meantime you can keep track of your Friendly Neighborhood Shaman and my day to day wonderings on my Perching Wolf Studios Instagram account, and for a taste, here is my latest post there...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment